Technical Support goes way beyond just a team here at Freedom Heat Pumps. Technical support is a core part of Freedom Heat Pumps foundations; It’s what we believe has made us the fantastic heat pump-centred business we are today.
Freedom Heat Pumps is not just a heat pump supplier. Freedom Heat Pumps is here to provide service and support to our customers. We are here to assist you from when the heat pump lands on-site through to a successful installation and beyond. Since 2010, we have had our very own passionate technical support team who collectively have over 20 years of knowledge and experience behind them.
Who can we help?
We offer help and assistance to installation engineers, architects, developers, consultants, housing associations, and merchants.
What will our technical support team help you with?
We have created our technical support team to offer the highest level of support we can. This is why we offer everything from training to after-sales telephone support, so you can build a great relationship with our team to ensure the best heat pump experience for your customer.
Freedom Heat Pumps first started offering training in 2010. Our training experience spans 12 years and has adapted to the industry to provide the most informative, straightforward course for our attendees.
Over the years, we have been trusted by a number of global manufacturers (such as Samsung, Hitachi and Midea) to run accredited training on their behalf. Our hope is that this trust provides a level of confidence in how comprehensive yet, more importantly, accessible our training is.
As the exclusive distributor of the Midea range of air source heat pumps, we currently offer a Midea training course per week at either our Southampton or Chorley, Lancashire training centres. As part of the training, you will gain Midea-trained accreditation that provides you with a Mi Pro Partnership status and gives you access to Midea’s extended warranty of up to 10 years.
What does the training cover?
- How a heat pump works
- Why you should install heat pumps
- How to install and commission the Midea range of heat pumps
- The key selling points of the unit (to help assist with enquiries from prospective consumers)
- How to maintain and service a Midea Heat Pump
- How to diagnose and fault find on a Midea heat pump
Our Midea Heat Pump training course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a successful heat pump installation. Our course is available online (this will provide you with Mi Pro status) or in-person (providing Mi Pro Elite Status once you have installed 10 x Midea Heat Pumps ).
After Sales Support
Sometimes, things go wrong, or you may feel like you need more clarity around a particular aspect of the installation. Freedom Heat Pumps will always be here to help in those instances. To give you an insight into our technical support team mentality, here is a quote from Samuel Powell, our head of technical: “It really annoys me when someone asks me a question that I don’t know the answer to, so if I don’t know the answer to your question, I will endeavour to find the answer out and get it back to you.”
Our technical support team aims to respond to all calls that come through within 60 minutes, giving you peace of mind that you will never be waiting days for a callback. We can offer this call-back response as we have a team of in-house experts and incredibly strong relationships with our manufacturer partners.
You’ll never hear our team say that your question is a silly one; over the years, we have answered 1000’s of questions and queries and always provided best-case solutions. Here are some examples of over-the-phone support we have provided:
- We have talked customers through schematics to give them a better understanding as to why elements have been recommended, together with providing assistance on the correct installation location for these components.
- We have advised how our heat pumps will behave in different environments and applications. In these situations, we can discuss best practices to achieve optimum performance from the heat pump in these circumstances.
- We have provided help with set-up and commissioning by talking our customers through the process over the phone, step-by-step. We also have Freedom Heat Pumps quick start guides for all of our heat pump ranges that provide you with a simple guide on how to install, set up, commission and maintain the heat pump.
- We have provided help with fault diagnosis and spare parts ordering if and when required. Here at Freedom Heat Pumps, we keep a large stock of spare parts, many of which are available for next-day delivery. Our team’s sole mission is to solve your issues and get your customer’s heat pumps back up and running as quickly as possible.
- During over-the-phone commissioning, we will provide helpful guidance on how to set up test runs together with function testing.
Our dedicated warranty support advisor is here to help you with all your warranty registrations. We can also advise you on how you can receive extended warranties with each manufacturer, providing you with the correct links and courses.
Our dedicated warranty support advisor is here to help you when equipment issues arise. They can send spare parts to the site and help you process your warranty claims, including any labour contribution claims that may be relevant within your warranty period.
Moreover, when you are a customer of Freedom Heat Pumps, you will receive ongoing support. Our technical support team is intended to be with you for the life of any heat pump system to offer advice and support if ever required to help you keep your customer’s heat pump performing as it should.
Online technical support material
For any times outside of office hours when you require support, we have created digital material to help support you when we aren’t here. If you are a Freedom Heat Pumps customer, you can access everything from data sheets, general schematics and fault-finding videos through our website.
If you create an online account on freedomhp.co.uk, you will have access to our downloads section. Within this section, there is a wide variety of content from our technical support team to help you while we are out of the office.
Ways to contact our Support Team
Do you think our technical support team is something you may benefit from? Why don’t you give us a try and put your trust in Freedom Heat Pumps for your next heat pump project? Click here to submit a request to work with us.
We look forward to getting to know you and establishing a solid relationship with you whilst supporting you through all your heat pump project successes!